[PD-dev] formatting HTML doc in Pd distro?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 30 18:24:05 CEST 2019

> For the moment I'm planning to just put an attempt at documentation for
> > slop~
> > on my own page and point to it from the slop~ help file (which will require
> > fixing Pd to be able to open URLs).
>

> This is what I don't get. How would you "fix Pd" to open URLs? With the new
> [pdcontrol] object?
>
> cheers

Yep.  At the moment, I'm thinking of having it take an "open" message to
open a file in the OS, a "fetch" or "httpget" or something to open a URL,
and a "system" to run a program asynchronously and return its standard
output as Pd messages.  Maybe also a message to open a program and keep
it open so that Pd can send it stuff as input and collect the output.  All
this would be kicked up to teh Tcl/Tk layer, so none of it would be "real-time".

Also high time to be able to get the patch's containing directory using
only Pd vanilla.  I think there are 10 or 20 other things this object should
eventually do!

cheers