[PD-dev] formatting HTML doc in Pd distro?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 1 10:52:19 CEST 2019

On 30.06.19 22:24, Miller Puckette wrote:
>>> But I don't think it's a good idea to put latex compilation in the Pd
>>> compile chain,
>> why?
>>
> ATM I can (and do) compile Pd using only "make", "cc" and "ln" - trying to
> keep the dependencies to an absolute minimum.

hence my suggestion to make the building of the documentation optional.
however, it nevertheless needs to be built at least once, and if you
want to keep your *release workflow* to tools like "ln" (and "cp" and
"mkdir" :-)), the documentation artifacts probably have to be kept in
the repository.

in any case, i'd like to be able to create a bit-by-bit identical
documentation using automated tools from the doc's source-code.

fgmasdr
IOhannes