[PD-dev] formatting HTML doc in Pd distro?

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Mon Jul 1 14:09:59 CEST 2019

> the other one being my patch2svg GUI plugin (see deken), which uses the tcl/tk engine to create a snapshot from a running patch, rather than trying to re-implement the GUI engine of Pd.

I seemed to remember there had been some discussion around this ... definitely a much better option than external "visualizers", so apologies for the noise.

IOhannes, we have made a few fixes to pd-fileutils, but never got around to making a pull request to sebpiq (aslo because we only changed the ""compliled"" file, and not the source). They fix a number of issue (e.g.: comments starting with numbers, wrong display of IP addresses, issue with [declare], and some escaping stuff). Feel free to grab them from here:
https://github.com/BelaPlatform/Bela/commits/master/IDE/public/js/pd-fileutils.js

 On Monday, 1 July 2019, 12:37:48 BST, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

On 01.07.19 12:53, Giulio Moro via Pd-dev wrote:

>> IIRC, there is some plugin which converts Pd patches to SVG graphics, so that could be one way to go.
>
> You may be talking of pd-fileutils?  https://github.com/sebpiq/pd-fileutils/

the other one being my patch2svg GUI plugin (see deken), which uses the
tcl/tk engine to create a snapshot from a running patch, rather than
trying to re-implement the GUI engine of Pd.

i'm using the pd-fileutils for our Pd-enabled pastebin [1], but in
general i prefer the much more accurate rendering of the patch2svg
plugin (GUI-objects, GOPs,...)

[1] pastie.iem.at