[PD-dev] a new object/functionality similar to max's [if]

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:25:32 CEST 2019

Em qua, 31 de jul de 2019 às 08:46, matthew brandi <mfbrandi at outlook.com>
escreveu:

> On 31/07/2019 09:31, Tsz Kiu Pang wrote:
> > Alexandre has recently requested a new object/functionality similar
> > to max's [if] … I am just wondering whether my approach (adding a
> > new class to the [expr], [expr~], [fexpr~] mix) is correct, and
> > whether this functionality is something that we need. I will
> > probably put in a pull request soon if there is no objection
>

> Dear TK and Alexandre
>
> I have no objection, but I do have a couple of naïve questions:
>
> [a] In the message case, I am struggling to see the point

yup, the point is convenience, and I'd say part of the convenience is that
all the ground is already laid out. In fact, my firs suggestion was to add
a new "ifthen" function to the expr family, but got an objection that
closed the request https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/662

> [b] If a parallel audio case is envisaged, what would it do?

there'd no [if~] object