[PD-dev] a new object/functionality similar to max's [if]

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 1 23:52:27 CEST 2019

Both Shahrokh (who wrote expr, and whose office is 15 feet from mine) and
I keep thinking about how to extend expr to add more control flow, which
should include looping, conditionals, perhaps some sort of block structure,
etc.  The problem we always hit is that there's no way to figure out where to
stop.  And if you keep on not stopping, you end up inventing a programming
language.  There seems to be no "correct" way to do it.

cheers
Miller