[PD-dev] where is the search priority set?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 05:19:22 CEST 2019

Howdy, based on an issue I opened here
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/289

I'm trying to reset the search priority for loading objects and stuff. My
motivation for this proposal/Pull Request is to have externals from the
'extra'; library have a priority over other externals. I was able to
partially deal with this here:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/commit/d5296b3432a13a72f71bdf090e40a552b52ef92b

But user added paths are still searched first.

By working on Pd's manual, I can see the current priority is to look first
in the directory containing the patch, then in the search paths. I still
want to maintain that structure. I just think that the order of the paths
should be different, first with "standard paths" (which includes 'extra')
then the user added paths.

Anyway, the thing is that I can't really find where I could change this
search priority list...

help?

Oh, and if you think this shouldn't be done in the first place for
any reason, just let me know :)

thanks