[PD-dev] a new object/functionality similar to max's [if]

Tsz Kiu Pang osamupang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 08:17:19 CEST 2019

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 15:43, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Em ter, 6 de ago de 2019 às 01:30, Tsz Kiu Pang <osamupang at gmail.com>
>> escreveu:
>>

>>  an expression has to always output a value (?), but if we are
>> implementing
>> "if", "else", "then" operators, an outlet does not have to necessarily
>> output anything,
>>

> so yeah, maybe a new class creator with a different orientation is all we
> need.
>
> Not sure if this is related, but I was just looking at the class creator
of expr in the file x_vexp_if.c,
and in the function expr_setup, there is a section commented as "expr
initialization".
I notice that apart from creating the class "expr", the class "exprproxy"
also has to be created.

        /*
         * expr initialization
         */
        expr_class = class_new(gensym("expr"), (t_newmethod)expr_new,
            (t_method)expr_ff, sizeof(t_expr), 0, A_GIMME, 0);
        class_addlist(expr_class, expr_list);
        exprproxy_class = class_new(gensym("exprproxy"), 0,
                                        0, sizeof(t_exprproxy), CLASS_PD,
0);
        class_addfloat(exprproxy_class, exprproxy_float);
        class_addmethod(expr_class,(t_method)expr_version,
                                                        gensym("version"),
0);

These two classes seem to be created using the class_new function
separately, and
at the moment I can't seem to find the "glue" that connects exprproxy_class
and expr together,
it would be great if someone could please shed some light on this...

Cheers,
TK