[PD-dev] Naming of patch when doing a "save as"

jakob skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:46:10 CEST 2019

Hello developers :)

I have been thinking about this since PD was upgraded from version 0.47 and thought I’d swing it by the
developer mailing list here:

In 0.47 and down, when you did a “save as”, you started with the last saved name of the patch.

So in 0.47, if you push "save as” you would for example start from “Comb Filter 1.0”, if that was the last name you save to the patch.

In 0.48 and up, this has been changed to when you do a save as, it always starts from “untitled”, no matter what the patch
was saved as, last time it was saved.

To me the “save as” behaviour in 0.47 and down, seems to be the correct behaviour, as pretty much
all other apps behaves like that.

I did make a video that show it here, if my explanation wasn’t clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv3a83yzmJc

What are your thoughts about this?

Best wishes, Jakob