[PD-dev] Naming of patch when doing a "save as"

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 13:53:14 CEST 2019

> Am 15. September 2019 19:46:10 MESZ schrieb jakob skouborg <syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com <mailto:syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com>>:
>>
>> What are your thoughts about this?
>>

> to be honest, i didnt even notice.
> usually, if i "save as" any suggested filename is wrong.

One reason this was changed, I believe, is that some people were accidentally overwriting there patches when they forgot to change the original name.

When you don't want to change the name, you'd use "Save" or at least that makes sense to me.

> the only suggestion i think "wrongest" would be "Copy of <orgname>.pd"

Hah, most macOS apps now make a "duplicate" named "<orgname> copy".

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>