[PD-dev] Naming of patch when doing a "save as"

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 17 10:00:05 CEST 2019

On 16.09.19 18:05, jakob skouborg wrote:

> I often do a lot of versioning when making complex patches, to avoid
> ruining them. So most of my patches have numbers included.
>
> Like for example "Comb filter 1.0”

ah yes, *that* use-case.

if you want to do versioning of patches, you probably should look into a
proper version-control-system, like 'git'.
seriously.
the days of "Copy of Copy of Kopie von Comb filter 1.2 (17.12.1997)
final copy.pd" ought to be gone for good.

and while i still don't have much of an opinion about the suggested
filename, i think that the suggestion shouldn't contain spaces at all
(alternatively you find a simple way to load abstractions with spaces in
their name).

gmasdr
IOhannes