[PD-dev] [PD] Naming of patch when doing a "save as"

jakob skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 18 19:57:45 CEST 2019

> I have to agree - I'm used to having the "save as" start up with the existing
> filename, with the text selected so that you can just type in a new one from
> scratch, or hit the right-arrow to just edit the last letter or digit of the
> name.

Yes, to me that makes the most sense too, rather than starting from “untitled”.

>> I hope we all agree on that :-) "save as" should start at the current file name, that's the convention and IMO there's absolutely no reason for doing it differently. As people have already noted, the "save as" dialog will already warn you when you try to overwrite an existing file.
>>
>> I would do a PR but I'm busy right now. You might file a bug report, so we don't forget.
>>
>> Christof

Thanks, I will do the bug report. I actually already did that long time ago, but it was closed it pretty much right away.

I don’t remember how to do the bug report, but I will find out again and do it ASAP.

Thanks for the understanding and have a great day!

Jakob