[PD-dev] Pd 0.50-2 macOS delete key fix

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 18:26:58 CEST 2019

Howdy Miller,

I'd like to suggest considering a second bug fix release, Pd 0.50-2, which deals with the regression on macOS for the deadkeys fix on Windows:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/760 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/760>

Basically, the Backspace key becomes a Delete key as well as a couple of other char values being missed or ignored. Backspace not working is a major pain point and I'm surprised there hasn't;t been more noise about this on pd-list.

In any case, we feel we have a solution after some back and forth sitting in the "deadeys" branch on Github.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>