[PD-dev] switch bugs.puredata.info to github?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Oct 6 20:43:27 CEST 2019

i wonder whether we should switch the official bug-reporting page of Pd
to the issue-tracker at github.

whenever you go to "Help->Report a bug", a browser will go and open the
web-page http://bugs.puredata.info/
This page currently redirects to the sourceforge bug-tracker:
   https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/bugs/

however, practically all activity in Pd-development has moved from
sourceforge to github, and a lot of people are using the github issues.

so I wondered whether we should direct the people to the github tracker
instead.

afaict, there's a single drawback with github as compared to
sourceforge: you must have a github account in order to be able to
report issues. (on sourceforge, you can create tickets anonymously).

the implementation is simple: i just need to set the redirect on the
puredata.info webserver.

however I would like to have consensus first, that this is actually a
good idea.

gmdasr
IOhannes