[PD-dev] algo for sequencing merges

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 30 01:54:59 CET 2019

To pd dev

My default sort algorithm for merging pull requests is oldest to newest.
I'm making a minor exception to this in taking on the Mac plist thing (I
hate all things Mac and thus am gratefully taking on Mac-specific PRs with
no testing) and then, for a wholly different reason, merging the netsend/
netreceive rewrite (as being something less expert about than the author) and
thinking that getting up to date on network is an adaptation issue and
not a design enhancement to Pd proper.

Let me know if one of your PRs is indeed just adaptation and not design and
I'll consider jumping the queue on it like I did these.  Otherwise I think
I'll crawl through the 73 remaining PRs as best I can in chronological order.

Meanwhile I have changes I want to make - still agonizing over these.

cheers
Miller