[PD-dev] CAF file support?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Dec 2 15:02:11 CET 2019

IMO, it would be great if Pd had an audio codec plugin system for [readsf~], [writesf~], [soundfiler] and (future) externals, similar to Gem's video codec plugins and Pd's “loader“ plugins. Then people can easily add new codecs to Pd. These plugins can take the form of regular Pd externals, they just register a codec instead of a new class.

Christof