[PD-dev] CAF file support?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:16:06 CET 2019

> On Dec 2, 2019, at 3:59 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> how so?
> by adding a(n optional?) dependency on libsndfile?
> by using some OS-specific framework (CoreAudio/...)?
> by implementing only a subset of CAF (the PCM sample-type)?

Simple uncompressed-only PCM implemented in a similar manner to WAV and AIFF without external libraries. I may do some slight reorganization but I'm probably not in a position to engineer any sort of plugin-style overhaul.

> Then please allow me to also remind about my request to be able to...

We need to be able to simply play back existing project CAF files with up to 32 channels. Anything beyond is outside of the (paid) time I would be able to put into this.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>