[PD-dev] Double precision externals extensions.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 10 21:45:52 CET 2019

On 12/10/2019 4:54 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> # avoiding crashes
> an external that has been compiled with single-precision will not
> register objectclasses in a double-precision Pd - so the doubl-precision
> Pd will not know about those new objects and not crash while using them.
> same goes for the other way round.

I see with normal externals itt refuses to load and thats fine.

But I'm creating a single binary external with a collection of authors
[zexy] [cyclone] [ggee] [pddplink] ...

I create a setup for the lib and is working *OK* in Pd-w64-32 but it
crashed the double precision.

this is my wrapper setup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#include "m_pd.h"

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdarg.h>

#ifdef __WIN32__
# define vsnprintf _vsnprintf
#endif

typedef struct liblucdep {
   t_object t_ob;
} t_liblucdep;

t_class *liblucdep_class=NULL;

static void *liblucdep_new(void)
{
   t_liblucdep *x = (t_liblucdep *)pd_new(liblucdep_class);
   return (x);
}

void liblucdep_setup(void)
{

   post("*******************");
   post("liblucdep loaded.");
   post("*******************");

   liblucdep_class = class_new(gensym("liblucdep"), liblucdep_new, 0,
sizeof(t_liblucdep), 0, 0);

   /* ************************************** */
   coll_setup();
   comment_setup();
   freeverb_tilde_setup();
   glue_setup();
   helplink_setup();
   image_setup();
   pddplink_setup();
   pink_tilde_setup();
   reson_tilde_setup();
   tabminmax_setup();
   time_setup();
   z_tilde_setup();
}

> # pkgs including both single- and double-precision externals
> a single external binary (say: "foo.dll") can hold both single-precision
> and double-precision variants of the [foo] object.

How is that?

As I am willing to contribute to the w32/64-double Deken.

:)