[PD-dev] algo for sequencing merges

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 19 21:01:10 CET 2019

Am 30. November 2019 01:54:59 MEZ schrieb Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu>:

>Let me know if one of your PRs is indeed just adaptation and not design
>and
>I'll consider jumping the queue on it like I did these.

i have no idea about the current status of the release (being practically "afk"), but here's the PR's i care about:

- update/0.50 [722] is the usual, long-running bugfix PR. i'm amazed that this is still not merged. no "design" involved here.

- double-precision [807] another round of fixes to make Pd double precision ready.
the PR mainly fixes real bugs when compiling Pd for 64bit-floats (like crashes, broken soundfiles,...).  i deliberately left two "design" thingies (in-patch number representation and the high-performance phase-wrapping algorithm) for Pd 0.52 (although we should make sure to have everything ready by Pd-0.64)

- libpd [519] a couple of weeks ago this has already been merged, but was stalled by the wish to fix a couple of things on the libpd side first. i think it's now ready to go, but the formal "ok" from dan is still missing

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes