[PD-dev] capabilities of data structures with externals

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 4 00:54:56 CET 2020

And to add my two cents -

The "pointer/get/set" approach to manipulating data is horribly clunky,
both unintuitive and inefficient.  If you can think of a better way I'd
love to hear it.

It seems to me that patch languages are badly suited to this kind of task -
but if one were to design a text-language style interface, what language
would be suitable?  Or indeed is there a compleetely different way to think
about it?  I've been wondering about this since Pd's start around 1997 :)

cheers
Miller