[PD-dev] array/table and canvas memory management

x nor x37v.alex at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 19:54:35 CET 2020

I'm working on an external that loads analysis data into tables for use in
re-synthesis and I want to make sure I'm not going to be leaking memory
with this approach.

I'd like to be able to load several sets of tables with a single object,
and then access that data with an arbitrary number of resynthizers.

So my question is: if I allocate an array/table in an external, do I have
to manage its de-allocation or is there some sort of reference counter?

How about with canvases?
If I create a canvas per analysis data set, do I have to manage the canvas
de-allocation? If I de-allocate an array (inside a canvas I create in code
or not) and some other object is using that array, what happens?

Thanks,
Ale