[PD-dev] [PD] double precision merged

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 26 13:50:12 CET 2020

Yes, but additional digits are just truncated, there's no rounding. The
problem IOhannes mentioned is that with double precision you more often
encounter situations where you don't get exact numbers because the
rounding happens much later. So you might something like 3.9999999999999
in double precision where single precision might have rounded to 4. In a
number box, this would be displayed as "3.999".

The other possibility would be that the GUI objects perform some kind of
rounding in double precision mode according to the box width.

Christof