[PD-dev] [PD] double precision merged

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 26 13:58:50 CET 2020

I see you point and I think it's a philosophical issue. In
Supercollider, for example, I can't compile a UGen plugin and expect it
to run on both Scsynth and Supernova, I rather have to pass the correct
define ("SUPERNOVA"). Plugins are therefore usually built twice - with
and without "-DSUPERNOVA" - and since they have different extensions and
export different symbols, they can coexist. I think this could be a
solution for Pd as well. If we had some naming convention for double
precision externals, we can then just built both versions
unconditionally and Pd will load the correct version. This can be
automated by pd-lib-builder.

Christof