[PD-dev] [PD] double precision merged

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Feb 26 14:26:21 CET 2020

> I've tested loading externals and it just doesn't create and complain

Are you sure? Turn on log level 4. Here's what I get when I try to load
a single precision [markex/randomF] in my double precision built:

> refusing to load 32bit-float object 'randomF' into 64bit-float Pd
> maximum object loading depth 1000 reached
>  markex/randomF
Note that actual warning is only visible with log level 3 and above.

> but trying to load cyclone with [declare -lib cyclone] crashes Pd!
Please run Pd in a debugger and see where it crashes.

I also get a crash when trying to load [iemguts/receivecanvas]. In this
specific case, the reason is that this object registers a proxy class
without a name (passing NULL instead of a symbol for the class name), so
Pd segfaults when it tries to print the warning. Pd should do a NULL
check and probably omit the warning for unnamed classes.

Christof