[PD-dev] no longer able to "send" to UDP -- correction

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 28 06:35:08 CET 2020

correction: I forgot that Roman's netpd uses iemnet, not netsend/netreceive,
which I guess is why his jack~ implementation is working better than mine.
I can switch over as well, so I don't have any urgent need to send replies
from netreceive -u to netsend -u as I had thought.

It would still be good if the new netsend/receive were able to do this, both
to maintain 0.50 compatibility, and to allow vanilla-only access to that
ability.

The 0.50 version actually didn't do it particularly well - datagrams
were limited to 1000 bytes, which was stupid of me.  It still got used by
others I think.

thanks again...
Miller