[PD-dev] Compile PD external for Mac Os

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri May 1 21:01:49 CEST 2020

Ok, looks like the .d_fat files doesn't contain your architecture (which
is probably 64-bit).

In theory, you only have to open a terminal, cd into the lib/ directory
and then run "make". In practice, you have to make sure that it can find
the Pd header files (usually only "m_pd.h"). If you don't have the Pd
source code, you need to download it first. In the makefile you can then
add your Pd path to DARWININCLUDE as "-I/you/path/to/pd". Of course,
this is just a quick hack. A cleaner solution would be to write a new
makefile with pd-lib-builder, which should only take a few lines:

https://github.com/pure-data/pd-lib-builder

Of course you need to have a compiler installed on your system (on macOS
you would usually use clang).

Just give it a try and see how far you get.

Christof