[PD-dev] Cross compiling Pd

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun May 10 20:46:50 CEST 2020

On 5/10/20 4:40 PM, Max wrote:

> ./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc

you are passing the compiler as the target-architecture.
not going to work.

> this results in:
> checking host system type... Invalid configuration
> `arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc': machine `arm-linux-gnueabi' not recognized
>
> with
> ./configure --host=arm-linux
> it goes a bit further
>

> checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnu
> checking for arm-linux-gcc... no

so you passed "arm-linux" as the target-arch and configure looks for a
compiler named "arm-linux-gcc".
you know that your compiler is arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc. does that ring a bell?

> surely there is something obvious I am missing here.

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi

also, rather than exporting envvars (CC, CFLAGS), you should probably
pass them as flags to configure:

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi CFLAGS="-march=armv7+simd"

(no need to set CC, as configure does that for you via the "--host"
flag. passing CFLAGS as argument will make it local to the build-toolchain)

gfsadr
IOhannes

PS: all of the above is not specific to Pd, but applies to virtually all
autotools projects; remember it if you intend to cross-compile other stuff.