[PD-dev] can't get sys_getpreference to work on MacOS

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Mon May 25 23:31:34 CEST 2020

To Pd dev -

I'm trying to get out s 'bugfix' release 0.50-3 containing networking updates
and the new code-signing step fro the latest MacOS.  But meanwhile I can't
seem to get Pd to read preferences on a macintosh any more.  This is the
first time I've tested using the new preferences interface for Mac, commit
cc64c629a (Nov 20 2019, so newer than Pd 0.50-2).

It looks like this line:

            const char *s = CFStringGetCStringPtr((CFStringRef)v,
                                                  kCFStringEncodingUTF8);

is always returning null.

(I'm also having trouble with "codesign", will describe that in a separate
mail).

thanks
Miller