[PD-dev] compiler oopses compiling s_net.c on windoze

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 28 16:33:00 CEST 2020

On 5/28/20 1:49 PM, Christof Ressi wrote:
> @Miller: are you compiling on a Windows XP machine !?

no. he is cross-compiling.

on my system (Debian/sid, Mingw-7.0.0, gcc:9.3-win32), i had the same
problem (that's why i had the answer ready):

compiling the following source with the cross-compiler:

~~~
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
#ifdef WINVER
  printf("WINVER=0x%X\n", WINVER);
#endif
#ifdef _WIN32_WINNT
  printf("_WIN32_WINNT=0x%X\n", _WIN32_WINNT);
#endif
 return 0;
}
~~~

prints:
_WIN32_WINNT=0x502

(for both i686 and x86_64)

> The #ifdefs would fix the compilation error on Windows XP, but we still
> have to compile the release on a Windows Vista+ machine to make the IPv6

that's why i proposed *both* fixes (the ifdefs and raising the WINVER)

> On macOS, the minimum supported version is 10.6, which is from 2009.
> Windows XP was first released in 2001...

although i think that these days more people are using XP than OSX-10.6

> We might still allow people to compile for Windows XP by overriding
> WINVER, but it shouldn't be the default anymore.

+1.

there should be a configure option to select the WINVER from the cmdline.

gadsr
IOhannes