[PD-dev] 64-bit vs 32-bit info

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Thu May 28 19:22:53 CEST 2020

Let's start a new thread for this.

> Attempting to load externals of the wrong type
> just gives those vague 'unable to load' errors.
I have some cross-platform CPU architecture detection code which I code
port to Pd, so that we could have more descriptive error messages.

> Help->About Pd gives: "Pd version 0.50.0", maybe it could say "Pd
> version 0.50.0 (64-bit addressing)".
IMO, it doesn't really fix the undescriptive error messages, because the
user has to know in advance that the problem is about 64 bit/32 bit,
before they even look for that info. Also, they don't always know at
first glance if the externals are 64-bit or 32-bit...

I'd still like to see "Pd version 0.50.0 (64-bit)", though.

Christof