[PD-dev] help me find how I'm compiling Pd wrong for macOS

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:47:22 CEST 2020

Hi, now that Pd 0.51-0-test1 is out I can confirm I'm compiling Pd wrong.

I've been using the yet to be 51 since december and opened two issues on
github thinking the problem was 0.51, but it happens only when I compile
Pd. For reference, the issues are:
- https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/848
- and https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/927

The issue I'm having might be related to casting float to int but I
wouldn't know how I could fix this by compiling Pd in a different way.
Maybe more details are on the issues above, please check them.

I'm just doing what I've been doing in order to compile Pd for a few years
now, I do:

./autogen.sh

./configure
make

make app

And out of sheer magic (at least to my eyes) a Pd app appears from nothing
to me...

cheers