[PD-dev] How to create an unsigned Pd.app?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:47:20 CEST 2020

Hi Dan

On Wed, 2020-06-10 at 14:41 +0200, Dan Wilcox wrote:
> Howdy Roman,
>
> > On Jun 10, 2020, at 12:00 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
> >
> > From: Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
> >
> > It seems the official builds for macOS distributed by Miller are
> > signed. Also, when I do 'make app' I seem to get a signed Pd.app.
> > Is
> > there an easy way to build an unsigned Pd.app?
>
> <gripe>It was hard enough to test & fix this, of course someone
> *doesn't* want it to be done. :P</gripe>

Yeah :-)

> If you want to experiment, just comment the code sign section at the
> end of mac/osx-app.sh. This will disable adhoc signing and
> notarization.

Cool. I already was able to create an app that was "openable" with that
advice.

> But...You *have* to sign it with *something* for 10.15 or it will be
> even worse: loading every older external will be blocked and have to
> be manually loaded.

That's what I read here on the list.

Many thanks for all your insights. I really appreciate it. Now, that I
understand what's going on, I as well just add a fake signature. It
took me a while to understand that my troubles were related to
invalidated signatures. All cleared up now. Thanks again.

Roman