[PD-dev] weird freeze bug in Pd, what might it be?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:16:28 CEST 2020

Hi Pd Wizards.

I found that [cyclone/record~] eventually freezes PD in a strange way,
where audio stops working without any warning in the Pd terminal. Then, if
you click on messages on the patch, they freeze at activation (they get
highlighted and stay that way, but messages are sent). Other than that,
patch seems functional. You can click and drag guis and control objects
like [+] will work. You can still edit the messages and write new ones in.
You can create objects and interact with the patch, but selecting objects
and dragging them with your mouse doesn't work, you need to use arrows to
move them. You can turn audio off and on again, it doesn't help. Pd needs
to restart.

The thing is I've never seen anything like this in Pd before and I wonder
what kind of crash this is and what might be causing it.

thanks