[PD-dev] Static/dynamic linking glibc

Esteban Viveros emviveros at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:42:31 CEST 2020

Hello list!

I´m working in compiling Cyclone and Else binaries. We have an issue
<https://github.com/porres/pd-else/issues/779> with glibc version at run
binaries in ubuntu 18.04 (glibc 2.27). I´m compiling it in Ubuntu 20.04
(glibc 2.29). Since compiling it libs with pd-lib-builder I obtain dynamic
link against glicb I think about static link glibc 2.29 using -static flag.

1. I´m looking about how to set this flag to pd-lib-builder avoiding to
break other default assignaled flags.

2. If I have success in embbed glibc in external binaries this cause
problems with the use of licenses that are more permissive than GPL when
using these libs to make other softwares?

Maybe the best is downgrade glibc to 2.27 and offer support from linux
system with this version? what is the standard procedure in distributing
external binaries for these cases?

Thanks
Esteban Viveros

--