[PD-dev] What is Wish version of Pd?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:38:42 CEST 2020

Howdy Nicolas,

As of a few Pd versions ago, it is custom built by Miller, with a patch applied to fix some issues with the key handling. You can also easily build it yourself using the tools provided in the "mac" subdirectory, see the README:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/tree/master/mac <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/tree/master/mac>

The version in the git master branch right now isTcl/Tk  8.6.10 and I will make a PR shortly which includes an updated version of the patch for 8.6.10.

The previous version you were using is probably Tcl/Tk 8.5.19 which doesn't build on newer macOS versions. Miller builds the 8.6.10 somehow on OS X 10.6, but it seems to work fine on our newer systems.

> On Oct 23, 2020, at 6:33 PM, pd-dev-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:54:52 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Nicolas Danet <nicolas.danet at free.fr <mailto:nicolas.danet at free.fr>>
> To: pd-dev <pd-dev at lists.iem.at <mailto:pd-dev at lists.iem.at>>
> Subject: [PD-dev] What is Wish version of Pd?

> Hi,
>
> Can you tell me which are the version of Wish that Pd currently uses by default on macOS?
> The "wish-shell.tgz" seems to be 8.6.10 but is it from SourceForge?
> Is it cloned from GitHub?
> Which branch in that case?
>
> I ask because i have hard time to find a branch, a tag, a commit to build Spaghettis with.
> Most have some bugs, none seems to fully work.
> For instance the tip seems to have weird rendering when moving objects fast.
> And the previous i was using doesn't compile anymore on Catalina (10.15.7).

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>