[PD-dev] Compile Wish.app 8.6.10 fails on macOS Catalina (was: What is Wish version of Pd?)

Nicolas Danet nicolas.danet at free.fr
Sat Oct 24 10:35:27 CEST 2020

Hi.

./tcltk-wish.sh 8.6.10

The command above fails on macOS 10.15.7 ending with that:

  "_TclIsSpaceProc", referenced from:
      _strtoul in libtclstub8.6.a(strtoul.o)
make[4]: *** [tktest-real] Error 1
make[3]: *** [tktest] Error 2
make[2]: *** [build-tk] Error 2
make[1]: *** [tk] Error 2
make: *** [embedded-deploy] Error 2

I got the same issue with the code from GitHub (release tag) < https://github.com/tcltk/tk/releases/tag/release >.
I guess that this tag equals the downloaded sources from SoureForge.
The core-8.6.branch < https://github.com/tcltk/tk/tree/core-8-6-branch > compiles fine, but (as i said it in previous thread) seems buggy for now.

Anyway it doesn't matter. I can open an issue on GitHub if you want.

But TBH it is more a problem for my fork, than for Pd itself!