[PD-dev] How to learn about writing schedulers?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 19:48:24 CEST 2020

I hope this is ok on this list, please let me know if it should instead be
on PD-OT.

I'm looking for resources on learning how to write soft-real time scheduler
engines for sequencing tools: patterns, data structures, tradeoffs of
different approaches, etc. I'm interested in seeing how PD does it, but if
anyone also knows of good books, sites, or otherwise that get into this
topic deeply, I'd love to hear of them. It seems rather hard to find this
kind of stuff, or maybe I just don't know where to look!

thanks
iain