[PD-dev] pd-lib-builder question (on osx)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 28 17:28:14 CET 2020

On 10/28/20 12:09 AM, Iain Duncan wrote:
> cflags = -I . -L . -l s7

if this works, then it's only because you somehow managed to have a
libs7.so (or libs7.a) file lying around, against which it linked.

afaict, this is not a safe assumption

gdfmasdr
IOhannes

and some more nitpicking:

i think it's better style to omit the spaces after the -I/-L/-l flags:
cflags = -I. -L. -ls7

also the "-I." is only useful if you happen to use includes with
angled-brackets (e.g. '#include <s7.h>') as opposed to includes with
quotes (e.g. '#include "s7.h"').
if you want to include the local header file anyhow (rather than some
system-installed header of the same name) you should use
includes-with-quotes rather than add '-I' to the cflags.

and "-L" and "-l" are really linker flags.
you should *not* add them to cflags.
instead of "ldlibs" resp. "ldflags".