[PD-dev] Issues building PD 0.51.x

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Dec 9 17:02:24 CET 2020

> I've seen these compiler defining constants come and go and mutate
> over the decades
Nah, _WIN32 and _WIN64 have always been the standard definitions. _WIN32
is always defined, and _WIN64 is additionally defined for 64-bit
targets. But some toolchains used their own non-standard definitions
(e.g. MinGW defined "WIN32")

> Platform:             Unknown
I think there might be a problem ;-)

> usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-msys/10.2.0/
These paths are wrong. The toolchain should be in the "mingw32" resp.
"mingw64" folder.

Just a quick check: did you follow all the steps in
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/INSTALL.txt?

Especially, did you install the necessary toolchains and do you run your
commands from the "MINGW32" shell resp. the "MINGW64" shell? Don't use
the "MSYS" shell for compiling!

Christof