[PD-dev] PD 0.51-4 bug fix candidates

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 10:34:06 CET 2020

Also, perhaps it will make sense to integrate building Wish.app as part of the build process for Pd 0.52. So far, "make app" (re)uses the Wish.app in the mac/stuff tarball, but this will get untenable if Tk is now sensitive to the originating build system. This could be changed via adding a couple make targets which call tcltk-wish.sh to download & build and we can set the Tk version number in the Makefile and/or configure.

In any case, I will revisit the build system to add Mac arm support for 0.52 once 0.51-4 is out.

> On Dec 20, 2020, at 9:56 AM, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It was only a matter of time and we will need to do this going forward to support Mac arm64 anyway.
>
> In the tests of my builds, someone responded in 10.9, so it works at least that far back. This fits up with my work experience where the more recent line is around 10.9 or 10.10 due to API changes and deprecations in the OS.
>
> One option is to make the 32 but builds for 10.6 - 10.8 and have the 64 bit build for newer system only.
>
> For Mac arm64 + x86_64 builds (universal2), we need at least a 10.15 system I believe or possibly 11.0 in order to run a new enough Xcode which will support arm64.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>