[PD-dev] building fluid~ on Linux (was: [PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 23:13:41 CET 2021

On Fri, 2021-01-08 at 12:47 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-01-08 at 12:29 +0100, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> >
> Hopefully, we'll be able to create fluid~ that also supports sf3
> files.

I got fluidsynth compiled with libsndfile support. When loading an SF3
soundfont, there is no error, but I can't get any sound out of
[fluid~]. So I am not sure whether I'm doing something wrong or SF3
support is broken still (more likely).

Anyway, it turns out to be an adventure with many more stumbling blocks
ahead, for me at least . When I build fluidsynth, it links to the
system-wide installed libsndfile. So, I'm not sure how to go about
about making everything local. Is this when static linking is used?

Roman