[PD-dev] building fluid~ on Linux (was: [PD] fluid~ for Pd-Vanilla - test version)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 23:38:05 CET 2021

Em sáb., 9 de jan. de 2021 às 15:15, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> probably (if simple enough) you could (also) provide an abstraction that
> exposes the original API.

Well, as soon as I get rid of the compatibility constraints, I just get
ideas. And instead of having messages that match Pd's higher level MIDI
input objects ([pgmin], [notein], etc), I could just make this object take
the raw MIDI directly from [midiin]! It can't get more plug & play than
that! And I could keep the original API I guess, I'll see...

Well, I just renamed the repository, it's at
https://github.com/porres/pd-fluid and I'll leave it at that... (as it's
all basically done anyway). It's up for grabs or we can get back to it, I
dunno...

I will just start working on my own take of this thing right now, to be
named fluidsynth~ and reside (for now) at
https://github.com/porres/pd-fluidsynth. As I preannounced at one point
earlier, and to the surprise of nobody, I have plans on integrating this
into ELSE, where I can also have a somewhat decent keyboard GUI
[else/keyboard] and an object that plays MIDI files [else/midi] - so it's
all nicely integrated into the package. But of course, you can download the
whole package and just rip off just any single object from this library if
you don't want all of the almost 400 objects in it...

cheers