[PD-dev] [PD] soundtouch~ for Pd Vanilla

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:40:09 CET 2021

I took liberty of moving this to pd-dev.

On Wed, 2021-01-27 at 22:59 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> It's only missing binaries for windows64 bits, linux64 bits and
> raspberry pi versions. Hopefully other people can build and upload
> them.

For compiling it on any of the Linux archs amd64, i386, and armv7, I
had to replace '--export-dynamic' by '-export-dynamic'. It seems my
version of g++ (9.3.0) doesn't accept double-dash flags (anymore?).

For it to compile on amd64, I had to add '-fPIC' to LINUXCFLAGS. It
compiles without error then, but loading the binary crashes Pd:

~~~
$ pd -open soundtouch~-help.pd
pd: AAFilter.cpp:107: void soundtouch::AAFilter::calculateCoeffs(): Assertion `length >= 2' failed.
Pd: signal
~~~

On armv7, I had to remove '-msse' from LINUXCFLAGS for it to compile.
The resulting binary loads fine in Pd, but I hadn't a chance to really
test it, because I don't have sound on that machine.

Roman