[PD-dev] [PD] soundtouch~ for Pd Vanilla

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Jan 29 11:21:56 CET 2021

> For it to compile on amd64, I had to add '-fPIC' to LINUXCFLAGS.
'-fPIC' should be set for all Linux targets and also macOS. Generally,
you hardly ever want to build a shared library without position
independent code. Windows doesn't have an equivalent flag because DLLs
are always position independent, albeit using a completely different
approach than ELF shared libraries.

> ~~~
> $ pd -open soundtouch~-help.pd
> pd: AAFilter.cpp:107: void soundtouch::AAFilter::calculateCoeffs(): Assertion `length >= 2' failed.
> Pd: signal
> ~~~

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1402219

According to the issue thread, this has already been fixed in recent
versions of soundtouch

Christof