[PD-dev] multi-architecture deken packages

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 04:43:48 CEST 2021

We just uploaded new packages for a new release of ELSE.

We have 3 raspberry pi in the same package: armv6 as .pd_linux / armv7 as
.l_arm and aarch64 as .l_arm64

I know, we talked about problems of having both armv6/armv7 in the same
folder. We'll see...

Em qua., 14 de abr. de 2021 às 22:20, Esteban Viveros <emviveros at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I don't know how to benchmark armv6 and armv7 compilations

It's easy, just try [clone] with a loaded external with several copies,
compare the CPU between the 2 binaries.

You have an armv7, right? You can do it then. If the armv7 binary does not
have a significant improvement, I guess we can just delete it from our
bundle pack, and probably provide a single bundle for the 4 Linux
architectures.

So, for now we have 5 linux architectures in two packages, the only way I
couldn't fit them in one single package, and the only way. could have 2 and
not 3 packages was to put both armv6 and armv7 in the same one. But we'll
improve this for the next time and as this discussion progresses.

cheers