[PD-dev] Creating delayed functions in Pd external?

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 01:21:46 CEST 2021

Hi folks, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm
porting Scheme for Max to pure data and I'm stuck figuring out how to get
delayed functions going. In Max, the SDK has a facility to make register a
callback to executed at some point in the future, a few different ways. Is
there a Pd equivalent, and if so, could anyone point me at resources or
code for it?  I basically just need to be able to have a callback fire off
at the right time with one argument, which can be void pointer to the rest
of the stuff i want to get.

thanks!
iain