[PD-dev] More clock questions

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Sat Jun 12 22:55:21 CEST 2021

On 2021-06-12 19:11, Iain Duncan wrote:
> 1) Is the Pd clock scheduler only accurate to the ms or does it
> operate at higher than ms accuracy? (As in, if I wanted to role my own
> mechanism closer to what Seb did, how frequently should my master time
> go off?)

It's subsample accurate in Pd's logical time. Interaction with DSP needs
care, see for example [vline~].

I think if you keep a priority queue data structure you can schedule
your single clock to the soonest event, maybe rescheduling it when new
events are added or the clock expires and the event fires.

Claude
--
https://mathr.co.uk