[PD-dev] Question about prepping Scheme for Pure Data external for Deken?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jul 12 23:57:13 CEST 2021

On 7/12/21 23:51, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Hi folks, I'm able to spend some time on Scheme for Pure Data again over
> the next couple of weeks, and just wanted to check on what I need to have
> done to make it easy to install through Deken. For Max, I had to have
> successfully compiled binaries for Mac, Windows 32, and Windows 64. Is it
> the same for Pd? I assume Linux users will get things either by compiling
> from source or a a linux package manager?

yes and no.

i do my best to package the entire Pd world for Debian (and
derivatives), but due to the nature of distributions, these packaes of
lag behind.

so most deken packages will also include a number of Linux variants.
to get yourself a feeling how this is typically handled, just search for
your favourite package (e.g. "zexy") on deken, and see which
architectures are available (you might want to turn off the "Hide
foreign architectures" in the deken-preferences)

fgndsr
IOhannes