[PD-dev] Porting Pd to FreeRTOS ( was Re: plans for next Pd release)

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Thu Jul 15 12:09:45 CEST 2021

Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2021, 18:03:32 CEST schrieb Miller Puckette via Pd-dev:
> Cool, that's excellent news.  I'm using the ADF i2s audio driver but staying
> away from their "streams" since they're too clunky (and they eat memory). I
> have only audio, bluetooth serial emulation, and SD card filesystem, no
> threaded readsf or networking (probably too memory-intensive again).

Starting with the DIYasb [1], distributed streaming devices for field
recording and audio projections using Pd, want to include the AOO-Streaming
[2] functionality, already tested and used also for VRR [3] now for ESP32xx
devices, especially simple Ambisonics Mics and field-speaker for a future
project.

Doing simple streaming over WiFi, I did not get any trouble using opus lib,
but did no extensive processing until now and allowed enough latency for these
applications, but have to dig in deeper... not using bluetooth and waiting for
the ESP32S3...

> I had to go way out on a Pd branch to get it running, but I want to rebase
> all that once I get the Pd source in better shape to support it.

thats fine, please keep us updated.

mfG  Winfried