[PD-dev] plans for next Pd release

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu Jul 15 11:57:32 CEST 2021

Hi Miller,

I'm very enthusiastic about the FreeRTOS port, this would open so many
possibilities. I think FreeRTOS will run on the RPi too and possibly
also on the Teensy.
For the tooltips, I would hope that the GUI vs. audio engine separation
for libpd would be finalized so that alternative GUI frameworks can be
contributed. Thinking of the endless discussions of fontsize and
cross-platform rendering issues in Tk, maybe that effort is better
invested in taking inspiration from PurrDatas SVG rendering. I think Pd
would benefit from the ability to write custom GUIs ans ship them like
abstractions. That would close the gap to webaudio too, which works
already today via libpd and emscripten - just imagine the possibilities
of a native browser friendly GUI on top of it.

M.