[PD-dev] writing exploits in Pd (Re: [PD] [file])

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Tue Aug 31 16:37:46 CEST 2021

> i wonder whether it would be possible (with Pd>=0.42) to create a patch
> that creates a gui-plugin on the fly.
> if this is true, then you can already do everything that [file] allows you
> to do - and much more

yes, but [file] will be extremely useful in the "-nogui" and libpd contexts.

BTW, and about the "exploits", I'm wondering if this would be feasible to
implement a safety lock callable from a libpd based application, that would
restrict the write permission (of every Pd object) to a given list of
directories.